Our students are expected to be good citizens and to follow school rules. We believe each student is capable of exercising self-control and can choose to be responsible for his or her actions. The Self-manager Program is designed to positively recognize those students who consistently model self-manager behavior.
How to Become a Self-manager
- Students can pick up a form from their teachers
- Students fill out the form
- If students have all checks in the “Almost Always” section, their teachers will sign the form
- Students get signatures from other staff members
- Students return the form to their teachers
- Interested students must apply to participate in the Self-manager Program each school year, even if they earned a badge the previous year
Guidelines and Privileges
The homeroom teacher is the first person to sign the form. Supporting staff should not sign if the homeroom teacher has not signed first.
Privileges that accompany the badge include:
- Checking out an extra book from the library
- No need for a hall pass if you’re wearing a badge
- Special events (ice cream party, special recess, pizza party, special lunch, etc. within each class as determined by the teacher)
- Classroom privileges designed by the teacher, such as: going to lunch ahead of the class, head-of-line privileges, ability to choose workplace, work independently, etc.
If a badge is lost or damaged by a student, there will be a one-time replacement with a fee. If the badge is lost again, it will not be replaced.